Food processors are versatile pieces of kitchen kits. Using them, you can do mixing, chopping, blending, and what not. They will meet all sorts of your need to get unprocessed and handmade dishes. To prepare food with different tastes sometimes you may need to make a puree including slice, shred, chop, mince, or grate. For performing these tedious jobs easily, we are greatly dependent on some food processors. But what happens if any one of them doesn’t work?.
The punchy article is for you – all the food lovers. It will show you how to get rid of such sudden problems, using food processor alternatives. To do your job seamlessly you should know how to puree without a food processor.
Going through the piece of writing you will come to know about the process of pureeing different types of fruits and vegetables like pumpkin, dates, raspberries, blackberries, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc. In addition, there are some FAQs and answers to them. These may be your queries too. And you will easily get a ready reply and have suitable substitutes for widely used food processors.
How to Puree without a Food Processor?
The process of pureeing different types of fruits and vegetables without a food processor is not the same. They differ from each other. The pureeing process of some fruits and vegetables are as follows. These methods will help you get an idea about how to puree without a food processor.
You need to puree pumpkin immediately and your blender is not functioning. Then you must know how to puree pumpkin without a food processor. You may follow the boiling method. At first, you have to wash pumpkins and cut them into pieces. Better if the size is not more than one inch. Then take a large pot with water. Pour pumpkin pieces into the water. Let them boil till they become tender. Keep the temperature low. Now drain water with a strainer. Cooked pumpkin becomes very soft. They can be easily smashed either by hand using a potato masher or fork. Now your pumpkin puree is ready to use.
If you look for natural sweetener, date puree is for you. it seems to be nature’s caramel. It provides you with different minerals including iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. To get the date paste always available, you should have knowledge about how to puree dates pumpkin without a food processor. You just need a fork, water, and dates. Follow the procedure as stated below:
- Keep some dates in a bowl.
- Pour some boiled water on them.
- Let the dates soak water for few minutes.
- Remove water from dates.
- Mash soft dates with a fork. Repeat the process twice.
- Have yummy looked date paste
Cauliflower is a great source of nutrients. Hence it is a very healthy vegetable. Cauliflower is a great pack of vitamin C and K.Having mashed cauliflower is a matter of just 15 to 20 minutes. You are to know how to puree Cauliflower without a food processor following an easy method. The steps are :
- Cook cauliflower for 10 minutes
- Use a fork to check the softness of the cauliflower
- Let the cauliflower get rid of water using a strainer
- Keep the boiled Cauliflower in the hot pot where you cooked them.
- Cover the pot with a lid and keep them rest for 2 / 3 minutes. Cauliflower steaming will continue and cauliflower will reabsorb extra moisture.
- Use a potato masher to get cauliflower puree.
Thus you can get cauliflower puree ready to use. But to get the finest and creamiest mashed cauliflower you have to use a blender or any other food processor.
To get the sweet-tart taste berries avoiding the seeds Blackberry puree is a very good option. It is essential for your kitchen. You can use the puree in salad dressing, lemonade, yogurt, ice cream, etc. So to enjoy the sweetness of blackberry puree despite having no blender, at first know how to puree blackberries without a food processor. Follow the steps as mentioned:
- Cut blackberries into small pieces.
- Put the pieces in a bowl.
- Take a few pieces in your hand and start mashing them with your fingers.
- Make sure that you arable to bring out all of the juice.
- Go on doing the same to mash up all of the pieces of blackberries.
Beans are suppliers of fiber, which ensures body fitness to a great extent. You can use bean puree in different ways. Knowing how to puree beans without a food processor you can enjoy its benefits.
At first, you should boil them to soften the beans. You may grind beans using your hand. Moreover, you can use a rolling pin, hammer, hand mincer, or mortar, and pestle. Besides you can do so using a potato masher to get the desired consistency. Another way of getting bean puree is to mash them with the bottom of a mug, by placing them in a bowl.
Getting a raspberry puree is not so difficult. But you need to know how to puree raspberries without a food processor. Due to the soft texture of raspberries, they can easily be made into a puree. Just following the heating process you can do so. They are very good to serve on a dessert as a topping. It can be used in cakes, sauces, and other confections. The method of pureeing raspberries is:
- Take a saucepan-like dish
- Place 2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries,¼ cup sugar, and 1-2 spoons of lemon juice in it
- Frozen berries must be defrosted through oven heating
- Cook raspberries on medium heat for about ten minutes.
- Use a strainer to get the seeds separated. So pour the mixture through the strainer. With the back of a spoon push the remaining part of berries so that nothing is left on the strainer except seed.
- Get your pure ready.
Tomato puree can be used as a substitute for a tomato, in sauce preparation, etc. You will be really amazed when you will know how to puree tomatoes without a food processor. Following a simple but effective hack, you can easily make tomato puree. The steps are:
- Wash tomatoes
- Remove the seeds from them.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Boil them to soften but they can’t be dried off completely,
- Transfer the boiled tomatoes as soon as possible on the strainer.
- Use a wired mesh.
- Use a spoon to squeeze the tomato.
- Enjoy a look of smooth puree in the bowl.
Can you puree by hand?
You can puree by hand if necessary. It will be a funny experience for you. But it’s a time-consuming and tiresome process. If you have no other alternative cut fruits with a knife. Then mash them with your fingers to get juice.
How do you puree instead of having a blender?
In case of having no blender use a food mill, rolling pin, chinois strainer, cheesecloth and mallet, cheese grater, chef’s knife, boil food, and mash with a fork to puree.
Can I use a blender to puree?
Using a blender to get puree with a smooth consistency is a less time-consuming process. Soft fruits, even meats, and vegetable puree are possible to get using a blender and with little effort.
Can I use a blender to puree if I don’t have a food processor?
Yes, the blender is one of the best tools for pureeing. You can use a mixer to make a creamy combination of liquid and solids. For example butter, flour, and milk.
How to puree without a food processor? To get the reply to the query is no more a difficult task for you. It is true to say that without a food processor, we can easily make preparation for our favorite meals. We have many nice alternatives. We should not depend on only one machine. So, when they don’t function, you should not become puzzled. As you have no way to avoid your work in the kitchen go for alternative means like mortar and pestle, mixer, fine-mesh sieve, etc.,
Use traditional tools. Save money but satisfy your appetite.